Friday, April 25, 2014

Why Dewey Inspires This Author to Say "Thanks, Readers!"


As an author, I want to say a big “thank you” to every reader who will be participating in the great event called Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon (whether you are reading my novel or not!) tomorrow. You are keeping the love of reading alive and growing, and spreading it to others. That is a wonderful endeavor, especially in a world filled with many other distractions.

And you, Dear Reader, give writers the support and encouragement to continue creating. I love to write, but sometimes days in front of the computer screen can be long, editing can be tough and the outlook for book sales can be depressing! But when I see that there are dedicated readers out there, a new surge of energy bursts forth. (And when I hear that readers are enjoying my novel, any possible negative thought slips away!)

I was late to the party this time and shamefully neglected to sign up as at least a “cheerleader” for the readers participating in tomorrow’s read-a-thon. But I hope my schedule will be a little easier and I will be a bit more organized so that I may sign up next time around. In the meantime, I will participate in an unofficial sort of way by visiting readers’ blogs and commenting tomorrow.

And I will write a special read-a-thon-inspired post tomorrow right here on my blog.

Please click here for more details about Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon! And have a happy book-filled weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for this lovely post! You can always join #teamrogue...the folks who did not sign up to cheer but who are so cheery they can't help themselves. lol Hugs to you, Adria! --Andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, Andi! That hashtag sounds great... I'll follow to cheer on all the readers. Sending you hugs and bookish vibes from Paris. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww this is so great!!! You totally totally rock, too! You are so supportive of bloggers and readers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! I think that if authors support readers and readers support authors, it's a winning game for everyone. :)

      Delete