Friday, July 22, 2016

Buy a Book and Help a Cat!



Exciting news that makes me smile: From today through July 31, I'll be offering all of my royalties from my latest release, A Perfumer's Secret (ebook and paperback), to St. Francis Society Animal Rescue in Tampa, FL. 

Who will you be helping when you buy a copy of the book? The cats in the image above and many more homeless and injured kitties! I know of St. Francis Society Animal Rescue because I went to college in Tampa and grew up in Florida...  

The folks at the shelter do an amazing job of rescuing, treating injuries and finding foster care and homes for cats and dogs. For my little initiative, I teamed up with the "cat" department at St. Francis. So let's sell lots of books and make some money for this very worthy cause! 

I was actually inspired to do this after reading about little Fireheart, pictured above with a cast on one leg. Fireheart was found in a parking lot, and the rescue team thinks he was thrown from a car. He spent 12 hours in an oxygen tank due to head trauma, and St. Francis spent at least $1,000 on surgeries for this little guy. The good news is he is doing well and getting stronger each day. Needless to say, when I read about Fireheart, I knew I had to do something to help.

Now let's meet the other cats above:

Rusty was found by a homeless man and was in very bad shape. He's doing better now, but will have to have an eye removed when he gets big enough to undergo the surgery.

MacGyver was rescued from a construction site, where he was found alone.

Wunder was rescued from the local animal services shelter when she was put on the euthanasia list. 

And of course, St. Francis Society has dozens of other cats waiting for foster care and homes...

People often ask me why I love animals so much, and I always say it is almost a selfish thing: They give US so much love and are such loyal friends. I've never understood how anyone could mistreat them.

So with this small effort, I hope you and I can do a little something to help the cats and the amazing team at St. Francis Society Animal Rescue. Thanks for joining me!

Find A Perfumer's Secret on Amazon, and help the cats!  



No comments:

Post a Comment