Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Writing About my Favorite Non-Paris Place



There actually is a good reason why I haven't blogged in what feels like forever. I wish I could say I've been on vacation on the Ile de RĂ©, pictured above.

Unfortunately, no. But I've been doing the next best thing. I've been writing a book set there, one of my favorite non-Paris places in France. And that kind of makes me feel as if I've been there recently, at least in spirit. That's actually why I like setting my books in places I love or reading books in these sorts of places. It's a way to travel! 

So what has been going on this summer in Paris? Well, I've been cheering on my husband's new restaurant project (he's the chef, his partner is front of house). If you're a foodie and you happen to be in Paris at some point, you should check it out

Otherwise, my summer has mainly been about writing, keeping 8-year-old daughter occupied with at least one outing or friend visiting a week, and keeping 19-month-old son from tearing up the apartment. Oh, and refreshing my cooking skills since most of my husband's cooking is now done outside of the home! 

Well, it's almost back to school/work/whatever else we all do instead of permanent vacation... So enjoy the rest of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment