Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A New Book Review… And Some Photos of the Steps of Montmartre!


A new review today for “Paris, Rue des Martyrs” … Please follow me to the award-winning book blog My Life in Books to see what this reader has to say about my novel’s secondary characters and more! In other news, "Paris, Rue des Martyrs" is now available at the Apple iBookstore. 

Here on my blog today, I’m sharing one of my favorite Montmartre photos: “Glissades a Montmartre” by Robert Doisneau. (As you know, I chose a drawing of one of these beautiful flights of stairs as the cover for my novel.)

If you visit Montmartre, you will of course see the steps in front of the Sacre-Coeur Basilica and immediately to the side, where many visitors line up to take the funiculaire to avoid climbing the hundreds of stairs.

But the steps I love the most are the ones that see less traffic… If you walk around the little streets surrounding the Sacre-Coeur or one of the streets behind the basilica, you will find them! Here are a few recent photos that I’ve taken...




And if you happen to take your walk before 11 a.m., you will feel as if you have all of Montmartre to yourself. Now that’s a real treat… and worth getting up early! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! That's one of my favorite parts of town. When people come to visit I always take them to Refuge des Fondus, but before the wine-in-baby-bottles-debauchery starts, I like to take them on a walk around Montmartre. Nothing like going up and down those steps to work up an appetite for fondue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! It is a great part of town... I love the village-like charm of certain streets, the diversity and of course the lovely steps even though they do mean lots of exercise. Whew!! Fondue sounds like the perfect reward after all of the climbing. :)

      Delete