Friday, July 21, 2017

One of My Favorite French Villages...


Where is this gorgeous place? Eze, France... I'm not there right now, but thought about it recently when a friend told me she was heading off to this beautiful village. I visited Eze a few years ago, along with Grasse (think perfume and flowers -- amazing!) and the surrounding towns, as part of research for my novel A Perfumer's Secret.

Every town in the area is worth the visit, but my particular favorites were St. Paul de Vence and Eze, which both show up in my novel for this very reason. I couldn't resist writing about them. And by writing about them, I could preserve them in my mind.

One of the most wonderful things about France is its villages, from north to south and east to west, you'll find small treasures wherever you go. I love how each village has something particular that is either unique to it or special in some way, and often it's culinary (of course): a type of cheese, a pastry or bread, a drink. And some of these delicacies can't be found back in Paris, or if you do find them, they are more expensive and not as good! A great reason to set off to discover these treats right where they're made.

Another charming photo of Eze...


Wishing you a happy summer! 






2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you - it's a stunning place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place for a relaxing summer vacation... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete