Sunday, September 1, 2019

#BoostMyBio: An Opportunity to Introduce Myself to You!




This post is part of a really cool blog hop called #BoostMyBio, meant for authors to get to know each other prior to a really cool event called PitchWars. More info on the PitchWars program here.

Bonjour fellow authors!

My name is Adria, and I’m a writer of commercial literary fiction and women’s fiction. I’ve been known to add a touch of magical realism because a magical twist is always fun. I love writing stories that are character-driven, involve lives that entwine in surprising ways, and feature a beautiful or interesting setting that makes for a good escape -- for the reader and for me as the writer. Maybe that’s because I love travel so much. And when I don’t have time or money for travel, writing is the best way to do it.

My four self-published books include: Paris, Rue des Martyrs, A Perfumer’s Secret, Paris Jungle and Close to Destiny.

My favorite books include:
Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman, The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, the Harry Potter series (reading with my daughter and we’re on book 4), and The Lover by Maguerite Duras.

Some facts about me:

-I have two children with literary names (and accent marks that I often leave out because of laziness, but I’ll do it right this time). They are: Phèdre and Orphée. First baby was our cat, Lelée, who traded her South Carolina meow for a Parisian one when we moved.

-I’ve lived in Connecticut, South Carolina and Boston, Mass. But I grew up in Florida so call myself Floridian.

-My husband says I’m like Sally in “When Harry Met Sally” because at restaurants I always order sauces “on the side” or want my order composed my way.

-My favorite Broadway shows are the old classics “Cats!” and “Phantom of the Opera.”

-I love to dance and take classes in the Horton Technique, made famous by choreographer Alvin Ailey.

-The best meal in town is at my chef husband’s restaurant Plein Ouest and the worst meal in town is probably at our house because I’m cooking!

-In spite of my mediocre culinary skills, I am quite a foodie and love the wonderful bread, cheese and fresh, quality products here in France. And of course, bring on dessert, and if it’s chocolate I’ll have two.



-So that leads to me where I live: Paris, France. I began studying French at age 12, married a Frenchman, and after living together in the U.S. we decided to give Paris a try. That was more than a decade ago.




My project for PitchWars:

A mainstream/commercial literary novel of love, ambition, and the idea of choice – set on France’s beautiful Ile de Ré. (The photo at the top of this post was taken on the island.) 

Thanks for stopping by my blog to learn more about me and my projects. I’m eager to visit the blogs of other participants and learn about everyone’s exciting work!


No comments:

Post a Comment